Austin Engineering Limited and its related companies (“we”/ ”us”/ ”our”) endeavour at all times to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (together “Australian Privacy Law”). As a global business, we strive to collect and manage personal information to align with global privacy best practice and in compliance with the laws of the other countries in which we operate.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers, employees and visitors and will comply with the Australian Privacy Law to the extent this applies to Austin.
- What is personal information?
- The kinds of personal information we collect
As a result of your visit to our websites, we may collect and store information about your visit including:
- the domain name and IP address of the computer from which you accessed the internet;
- the date and time you accessed the website;
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website; and
- the pages you accessed while visiting the website and your interactions with the
- As a result of you dealing with us (whether as a prospective or an actual customer, guarantor, contractor, supplier, service provider, employee), we may collect and store personal information from you or third parties about you, such as your name, physical address, date of birth, current employment details, email address and telephone numbers.
If you apply to us for employment, we may also collect and store personal and, in addition, sensitive information about you including, but not limited to:
- education, training and other qualifications;
- work history;
- professional or trade associations or union membership;
- hobbies and other interests;
- criminal history;
- medical and any other personal information
Details of how we deal with such employment information are set out below under the heading “Employment Information.”
- How we collect your personal information
There are a number of ways in which Austin may collect personal information, including
- inquire about our goods or services or about becoming our customer:
- apply for employment with us; or
- otherwise deal with us,
we may collect personal, credit and sensitive information about you from other sources when it is impractical or unreasonable for us to collect it directly from you.
We may collect information about you from your visit to our website through the use of technologies such as anonymous identifiers, session variables, and/or cookies. You may be able to set your internet web browser to block or limit cookies. Some features of our website may not work as efficiently or not at all if you have done so. We will not match information collected in cookies with any other information we hold about you.
- Storage of personal information
We use reasonable endeavours and take steps to secure your personal information including:
- maintenance of a secure environment for storage of information whether in hard copy or in electronic form;
- requiring that access to such information be confined to authorised personnel only;
- using technology such as encryption and/or password protection to secure information kept in electronic form.
We are not responsible for the security of any computer, mobile phone, tablet computer or other device which you use to access our website or to communicate with us and through which we provide communications to you.
- Use of your personal information
If you are a user of any website of ours, a prospective customer, a customer or guarantor of a customer’s credit, a contractor or supplier of goods and services to us, a job applicant or other person from or about whom we collect, hold, use and/or disclose personal information we shall do so only for the following purposes:
- any purpose permitted or required by the Australian Privacy Law or any other any law;
- the administration of any contract of supply of goods or services to or by us;
- the provision of products and services to our customers (actual and prospective);
- the provision of Platforms to users, including personalising and customising your experience;
- assessment and processing of any job application or other Form;
- for the administration and management of our business, including for the purposes of data storage, website hosting, software and system development, maintenance and support, and information processing, analysis and reporting;
- where your information is about your use of our Platforms, to improve website useability to measure traffic patterns, transaction patterns, research your habits so that we can continually improve our Platforms, analyse trends, administer our Platforms, and gather broad demographic information;
- any purpose required by law so as to identify you as required by the Anti- Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act;
- in order to investigate or assist with any investigation into any complaint about the conduct of our business;
- to otherwise enforce any term of any contract or other right which arises out of or in relation to our dealings with you;
- to communicate with you by way of direct marketing, information about our products and services or those of other organisations;
- to search and/or register any Personal Property Securities;
- to allow the manufacturer or distributor of any products or services purchased by you or in respect of which you have made enquiries or which you get serviced or repaired with us, to achieve any of the purposes outlined above (and this includes the disclosure of your personal information to the manufacturer or distributor for such purposes and we are able to refer you to their Privacy Policies); or
- to communicate with you for the purposes outlined
We may disclose your personal information, including commercial credit information, and sensitive information, to other parties as part of a process of merger, acquisition, sale of our business or our other assets. If you do not wish this to happen, you may notify us by email or post to our contact details referred to under the heading “Our Contact Details”.
If, for any of the above purposes, we disclose your personal information to any supplier of services to our business or to any prospective purchaser of our business we shall do so only if it is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed above and we shall:
- do so in accordance with Australian Privacy Law;
- obtain assurances from those suppliers that they keep your personal information confidential and/or comply with Australian Privacy Law, if required by law to do so.
- How to opt out of receiving direct marketing material
If you wish to raise any concern about direct marketing material you receive from us or through use by others of our databases, please contact us by email or post to our contact details referred to under the heading “Our Contact Details” on page 8.
Where we send you direct marketing material we will also provide you with a means to advise us that you no longer wish to receive some or all of this material, and/ or that you do not wish to receive specific means of communication from us.
If at any time you wish to change your preferences so as to opt out of receiving that direct marketing material which you no longer wish to receive from one or more of us, you may do so by contacting us by email or post to our contact details referred to under the heading “Our Contact Details” or by any other means referred to in our direct marketing material.
- Whether we supply your personal information to overseas recipients
Your personal information may be transmitted to overseas recipients as part of our ordinary business or normal use of our information technology systems. Although it is not practicable to list all the countries in which these recipients are located, they are likely to be in the USA, Indonesia and Chile.
When we supply your personal information to any overseas recipients, we shall do so only for the purposes listed above and we shall do so in accordance with Australian Privacy Law.
We shall not disclose your sensitive information to any party except for the purposes described above and as permitted by Australian Privacy Law.
- Employment Information
We may collect personal and sensitive information from you in relation to an application for employment with us. We will collect, hold and use that information solely for the purposes of assessing your application.
We will not disclose any such employment information to any person or entity or government body whatsoever, except as part of this process or as required by law.
- Notifiable data breaches scheme
In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, we will investigate and notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable, in accordance with Australian Privacy Law.
- How you may access your personal information
You may request access to your personal information held by us by sending your request by email or post to our contact details referred to under the heading “Our Contact Details”.
If we are unable to grant your access to personal or credit information, we will give you our reasons in writing within a reasonable time. These may include where providing the information to you may:
- reveal personal information about another individual person;
- pose a threat to the health or safety of another individual person;
- not be permitted by law;
- reveal internal information of a commercially sensitive nature which is not required to be disclosed to you by Australian Privacy
There is no charge to make a request for access to your personal information but we may apply an administration fee for providing access to your personal information.
- How you may complain about how we deal with your personal information
If you are not satisfied with our response to any request you make in relation to your personal information or otherwise have any complaint about how we collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at our contact details referred to below. Our Privacy Officer will then follow our complaints handling process to resolve the dispute.
- External services
If you have contacted our Privacy Officer and are not satisfied with the outcome of our complaints handling procedures in relation to your personal information, you may also refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as follows:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Fax: 02 9284 9666
or such other body as may replace this office from time to time.
- Our Contact Details
All communications you send to us must be sent by post or email to the following address AND marked to the attention of “The Privacy Officer”:
By post: P O Box 602